As I've said before, what's the point of having a blog if you can't throw a little love to your, in this instance, acting friends.
The local night of nights for amateur theatre in Western Australia, the Robert Finley Awards, was held last night. While I haven't seen the winners (or even nominations) yet, here were my favourites during 2012.
Clearly it is not all encompassing (perhaps only 'Gordon the Optom' could do such a list) but these are the ten plays and musicals I enjoyed most during 2012.
However, to all the actors, playwrights and crew involved in local theatre, congratulations and much appreciation on a great year in increasingly difficult circumstances.
1. Enron - WAAPA
2. The Day The Sky Turned Black - Ali Kennedy Scott
3. The Last Days of Judas Iscariot - Upstart Theatre Company
4. Jack the Ripper: The Musical - Koorliny Arts Centre
5. Mine - WAYTCo
6. Hairspray: The Broadway Musical - Mandurah Performing Arts Centre
7. The Way of Us - Curtin University
8. A Slice of Saturday Night - Kelete Theatre Company
9. Missing - The Blue Room
10. Noises Off - Camelot Theatre
Here's to another great year in 2013!